Monday, January 30, 2012

How do you convince someone they're addicted to an online game?

To put it simply, both of my parents are completely addicted to an online game called Second Life.

They have been for over a year now.

And I find it completely sickening.

I'm a teenager, and my parents spend every waking moment on that game. I tried it before, and I don't see what they see in it. All they do is play on that game. I've tried to talk to them about it, but they deny their addiction. But all I ever see them doing is sitting on the computer playing that game. They used to be very fun to talk to and loved to travel. But ever since they rarely talk to anyone but their online friends, and I can't remember the last time we did something out of the house. I just don't even know what to do anymore. Sure, I know a lot of people like this game, but it's stolen my parents from me. What do I do?How do you convince someone they're addicted to an online game?
silly as it sounds - call one of the addiction friends and family line. They will offer the best advice, its an addiction same as boozeHow do you convince someone they're addicted to an online game?
Do something to get their attention then try to talk to them. If they don't listen try a more attention grabbing stunt. And if that doesn't work go down to you circuit breaker and turn off the computer and see if they will listen. Just trust me it works with my parents and their addiction to My TV.



Hope it all works out! :DHow do you convince someone they're addicted to an online game?
uninstall the game, hide the game disc, and observe for yourself. if they keep asking for that game, they're addicted, and should be promptly sent to the psychiatrist nearby you
You can try to ask your grandpa and grandpa to talk to them, or ask your teacher. You can tell them that you need their care and you need help on your homework. Well,, try to figure out many methos to attract their attention. I think they will get bored of it soon. Take me for an example, I love an online game called conquer online very much. I was playing it every minute when I am awake and free. It lasted for about a year. After that, I reduced the time to play it, about a hour each day. Cause my level is high enough, so I dont need to spend so much time to level my character. I still love conquer, cause it is rly cool. I have made many good friends from conquer. So in a way, I can understand your parent's feelings. They won't spend so much time in that game when they get bored. So trust me, don't worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment