Monday, January 30, 2012

In the "game of Life", how do I place up to 3 generations on graph paper?

I understand how cells live and die but I want to show how they populate generations on paper?? Online they just flash before your eyes. How would I do that?In the "game of Life", how do I place up to 3 generations on graph paper?
You could use different colors for the three generations, and only use 1/4 of each graph box.



For example, if red is the first generation, and blue the second, and green the third, show the red generation in the upper left or NW corner of the box, blue in the NE corner, and green in the SW corner.



The other alternative would be to show this on three different pieces of graph paper or sections on the same page. The benefit of the three pages is that you can lay one on top of the other and see the previous generation through the paper, and not have to recopy it.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment