Monday, January 30, 2012

Is there hope for my marriage? My wife met a man on an online game?

My wife is in love with another man from the internet. Right now our life has been difficult because we are plagued with money probs. Both of us have been playing Second Life (an online interactive game) since oct of 06 to escape reality. In Nov she said she was falling in love with a man on the game and they have been intimate "in game". This nearly tore our marriage apart and sent me into the deepest depression of my life.



By Jan, everything was resolved and life when to back to normal. She has done it again. The new man has been making calls from UK to where we live in US often, she spends more time with him online than I do during the day due to the hours I work. The other day she told me she doesn't know if our marriage will work anymore because of her other relationship.



Is there hope for us? She is the mother of my 2 children and the love of my life, but she's been hurting me terribly for six months now. I want counseling but can't afford it. Help me. be kind.Is there hope for my marriage? My wife met a man on an online game?
I have never played on line games but I have to say Thank-You. People forget how hard a marriage is. Thank you for reminding me. I will tell my husband how much he means to me. I am not poking fun at you, what you are going through I can imagine. I was there when my spouse stepped out for real. We made it through and you will also. You have a deep love for this woman, remember it was not physical contact, you cannot control her actions but you can control yours. When Some one is having these feelings they just need validation and are going through depression. She needed to find a way to escape. You need to find a way to bring yourself to reality and help guide the way for your wife. You cannot afford counseling all you have to do is call your local catholic charity office. No you need not be catholic, you can also call your local Jewish family center. No you don't have to be Jewish. both have programs with licensed counselors that are free. At worst they are on sliding scale. Both will be able to help build your family back. Your wife does love you. Right now she does not love herself. If one does not show love for them self they cannot show it to others. Spouse or no spouse.

Best of luck, I know you will make it. Just remember If you cant forgive her, who can?
Sorry dude, I know that hurts. I was in a similar situation. I was deployed to Iraq and my wife started chatting with this dude from Ireland. I said it was ok because we had an interest in Ireland. I didn't know that it had gotten to flirt status until he called one day and when I picked up the phone he said he must have the wrong number. I knew it was him because of the accent. I also found out that while I was gone, she had gone dancing and even spent the night with some dude. What's wrong with people? Why can't people just be faithful? I can. I don't cross lines at all. Anyway, you'll either have to get counseling or ask her what she wants... reality with you or some fantasy romance with some dude who sits on the computer all day playing games. It's all about happiness and you can't focus on correcting your money problems until you are comfortable in your life. I would just tell her either she's with you or she's not. You have a life to live and you chose her. If she can't stay on board she needs to get on another train.Is there hope for my marriage? My wife met a man on an online game?
well it sounds to me like she's bored in your relationship and looking to spread her wings. I'm presuming that you guys got together while she was still quite young, and now she wants to experiment a bit. meeting men off the internet is stupid, and you have no idea who they really are. i think if you really want to work it out you could, but personally i think you should dump the ****** and count your losses
you need to put your foot down,make her choose you or him,don"t just stay there and support her why she is seeing this other guy.If she loves you she will pick you if not might as well get it over with so you can get on with your life.You need to stick up for your self.Is there hope for my marriage? My wife met a man on an online game?
you poor thing. you have to leave her im afraid. your happiness and sanity is at stake here. what is she thinking!! that is so unfair to you, you may not be able to afford a councellor but there is help out there that is free, phone lines etc etc. that is very sad to hear and i feel very sad for you. there is obviously no way to get her back and you obviously cant trust her now. if she wants to have this "fantasy" affair she should do it elsewhere and not in her own home. you should sell the computer and cut off the line, if she wants to carry this on let her do it using her own money. sorry, im very angry at this, i hope you work things out and find happiness.
Well first of all your first mistake was the Internet! I would cut that thing off and have the phone company block this man's number or even change your number. Pull out a deck of card and get reacquainted with your wife. This escape from reality has given her the freedom to cheat and make it okay in her mind. There are councilors out there that will do it for free. Try contacted you local mental health center or department of social services. Good luck!
Then its time for your marriage to come to an end. I'm sorry! It sounds like she doesn't want the marriage. Please take care of yourself and there is someone out there who will love you unconditionally. I believe that!
It sounds to me like she's already made her mind up in saying: "...I don't know if our marriage will work anymore."

However, what were the two of you thinking? All of a sudden, NOW you want to think about the two children?

As for your wife, If she wants to leave, she's going to. You can't make her stay. However, she is living in a fantasy world. How does she know she is the only one this man as has made a play for. Does she think he won't do it again? She is really being foolish.

I really do feel bad for you because I can feel the love you have for her by the way you speak. But I thinks it's over.

As with my brother in law, you have to pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and by all means, get some counseling. Sometimes medical insurance companies will pay for it. Check into that.
Dump her. I stayed for 11 years. Do you want to become as damaged as I became? I never knew how messed up mentally that could make me. I thought the same -oh this , oh that, oh the kids. Then one day I woke up and felt like to hell with everything- I didn't care about nothing any more. I didn't care even what my son was doing, ect.. I had become so depressed I didn't even want to function anymore. Do you know what saved me?!!! I prayed to God- help bacause I don't have the strength to even get out of bed- alone dump his *** and start a new life. Not to long after that my husband came home one night and packed his crap and said he was leaving me for the other women. Anyways... It's been about a year now and I am feeling such peace in life that I haven't felt in years!!! Hell ya, it was hard on my little boy- we both cryed and cryed together for months. We came out of that slump though it was hard at first. We are both happier now. My ex got the worthless **** pregnant and now looks so miserable. God bless them.
If she fell in love with some joker over the internet once who is to say that it will not happen agian online or inperson?



Obviosly she is not in love with you the same way you are in love with her.



I would think carefully about what happend, Is she realy worth going threw the agony and betrayal agian?

No comments:

Post a Comment