Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I am 100% addicted to the online game "World of Warcraft"?

ok i have come to admit i need some serious help. i am so addicted to this pointless game. i know its pointless and i know its not getting me anywhere but i just cant stop playing. i play it almost 15 hours a day. i log on from when i wake up and play til i pass out. i eat all my meals at my computer. no matter where i am i can not stop thinking about the game. if im not playing it, im thinking about it, and i feel depressed in life if im not online. this is getting extremely unhealthy for me, but i just cant stop. if i try to read a book world of warcraft comes to my mind and i cant read anymore. how do i stop PLEASE i need help.I am 100% addicted to the online game "World of Warcraft"?
uninstall the game

go outside and play any sports

drink cola to slowly forget the game..

lock down ur computer..



just think that the game is so boring...



try the best u can...



dont become like this guy...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jM2BMW_W鈥?/a>
Just FYI you don't have to get addicted to the game. I'm not saying you got addicted on purpose at ALL. If you want to keep playing you still can, just set limits for yourself. If you don't think you can you can go to the parental controls on the website and set a time limit for yourself. Try and get your friends to do stuff with you outside the game if they also play!!

If you want to quit or something you should just take it off your computer :)

You just have to remember that you did stuff other than WoW before you got it. You just have to remember what those things are! It's easy to forget about other things you like when you do the same thing for a long period of time.

So just try and get out with friends and then maybe you'll start remembering what you liked to do BEFORE WoW and you'll actually want to do them!

Good luck!!!I am 100% addicted to the online game "World of Warcraft"?
I know it is tough...I am pretty addicted to "Civilization"...anyway something that is kind of working for me a little bit is to not turn the computer on at first in the day...do your most important stuff early in the day (the stuff that HAS to be done)...then ...if the computer "happens" to get turned on...and you start playing then at least you got a couple things done in the day...



OK from that point try to do more and more productive things and wait longer to turn on the computer (even try to hold out until evening)...and also try to go to bed on time too!!



well...good luck...wish I had more to offer you....
get out and be social, try to develop other interestsI am 100% addicted to the online game "World of Warcraft"?
see a doctor, or delete your account.
I was in the same boat as you at one point, and only quit WoW 3 months ago, it unfortunately took me 2 1/2 years to finally burn myself out on WoW, which was tough because I couldn't get bored on content or playstyle because I constantly changed specs, playstyle was constantly evolving and I ended up playing 4 classes, hunter(70 in BC), paladin(70 in BC, 71 in WotLK), warlock(70 in BC) and death knight(80 in WotLK), and played several other characters short term(level 1-40 rogues, some twinks, I think I had one in his 30's or at level 40, got a druid up to level 58, etc). I eventually wore myself out on a lasting mechanic in the game - daily quests, achievements, and gold grinding, which are such fundamental parts of the game. I actually quit just as me and my guild started working on yogg-saron(toughest boss in the game at the time besides algalon the observer).



It's very hard to break an addiction on your own, I highly reccomend you ask for help or you might be in for the long haul like I was. D:
It may be hard to admit, but this level of addiction is a serious problem, and you should seek help with a therapist that can help you figure out what to do. Not a prescription writing one, at least at first (if you need meds because of some mental condition, a talking-only therapist will point you in that direction). Also, not all therapists will be for you, ask anyone you know that has been to one to suggest one that will understand the problem and not just do something like tell you to go to church and pray about it. I'm not religious, but if you are, this could be something that helps, but most likely not on its own. I was addicted to the internet when I was young, just online chat communities when I was in highschool in the 90's. No one ever recognized that I should see someone (including myself) and it took painful years of letting other things slip by me until I grew out of it (and into other problems). I see a therapist now and it helps a lot with all sorts of things, because he is a cool and understanding guy. No one has to know, it is confidential, and with the right person can work wonders and get to the bottom of what is causing the problem. Get some help before you realize you've spent 10 years playing and it only felt like 6 months. You'll miss out on too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment