Saturday, February 18, 2012

When can I have someone charged with harrassment?

A friend of mine that I play an online game with and lives 1/2 a country away had recently asked his wife for a divorce. She assumes we are having an affair even though he and I have never met. She has sent me nasty text messages at 3am and left me a nasty voice mail. Can I press charges in the state of PA?When can I have someone charged with harrassment?
Most State's don't have criminal statutes dealing strictly with harassment.



There is probably a law for some type of telecommunications harassment since they are using text messages. If they threaten you then another charge would apply.



Here's the problem though, those charges are misdemeanors. If the person doing it is "1/2 a country away" then it will be very difficult for law enforcement to level charges against them.



If you are having a problem, then definitely call the police and see what they can do for you. Depending on your local agency they may completely blow you off, take a report and do nothing, call the accused or have local police make contact with them, or actually try to file charges.



Sometimes a call from a police officer may help the situation out.

If you can't get satisfaction you may consider changing your cell phone number. Not the easiest solution but may make you a lot happier in the long fun.When can I have someone charged with harrassment?
harassment's yes you have proof on voice mail and text messages just show the police.
  • pdd nos
  • traffic school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment